Sunday, June 21, 2009

Facebook

OK I am kind of slow to warm up to new technology. Remember I am the person who can't turn on my own TV's without the aid of small children! LOL Sad but true. It won't be hard for me to live off grid when the kiddos are grown! (another dream on the to do list of life!) But I decided I should join Facebook. The kids former music teacher has a facebook account and I would love to be able to show them pics of his life in China.Since he has 83 pics up of life in the US I am sure there will be plenty of China. But I have never done anything like this. It took me YEARS to warm up to the idea of blogging. I am a lot more private than I realized when I started this. I remember literally feeling shocked that anyone else was reading what i was writing. And it wasn't that I thought it was a bad thing. It just felt weird. I always have written a lot. Journals, poetry, etc. But I was never published so that feeling of someone else reading one's work was very new and surreal.

OK if you think THAT felt funny, imagine how I felt when I signed up for Facebook and all these people send friend invites. Understand my account has literally nothing yet. It is essentially "naked." But I had a bunch of invites from people I know (including the music teacher) and it was so wild to me that I would open my email box and they would be there. The world is such a big place and yet somehow our technology makes it a small place too. I guess now that the shock has worn off, I think that is pretty cool.

Now I have to figure out how to use Facebook!

No comments: