Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jane emails back

Got a couple great emails from Jane when I got into  work this a.m.  She said that I did well with the surprise therapy session during our Tuesday phone call. I laughed as she said I must have a masters degree in multi tasking!  Actually I am still laughing at that, as it is so very very true! 

We got the go ahead for a June visit though we will have to stay on the school grounds. That is totally fine with me.  Fiona had wanted us to be able to walk Jane's dog when we visit but I suspect that her running incidents of late have precluded anything of that nature.  We can either lunch or picnic at the school, so that is good.  Which also probably means a slightly longer visit which is also good.

Jane said that she wasn't sure about sending a necklace to Fiona because she worried about her trashing it when she was upset.  But suggested that I send something to remind her of the phone call.  Now I am scratching my head!  Maybe some brilliant idea will come to me.  Truthfully, I know Fiona trashes things so that is not a worry to me.  But it may cause Fi excessive remorse or something when the rage is over--that part I don't know.  On the other hand, some things she apparently does take considerable care with.

Jane said that she brings the scrapbook I made her everywhere and even sleeps with it.  But I also know she would not be looking through its pages if she was raging so  picture in there isn't going to help. . . .

I worry so much for Fiona.  This school seems like her last best chance at something really good.  And I know she wants it.  But like so many traumatized, mentally ill children, wanting something isn't enough to pull it together.  It works for the short haul--but long term?  Not so well.

Jane also said she is working on trying to establish reciprocity with Fiona.  As in, if I send her something, she sends something back.  It will be interesting to see how that works out.  Frankly I am all good with a thank you.  I personally think Fiona's self esteem is so low that she doesn't feel capable of giving back. We shall see.  Jane has done some magical things with Fiona; I am open to more magic!

No comments: