Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Normal" Days

Normal for me makes other people shake their heads in bewilderment.  Our routine is pretty well in place now and so on weekdays:

5:30  I get up, make tea, empty the dishwasher, get dressed and do my hair
5:45 I check Rob's algebra homework and english assignments
6:00 I eat a piece of toast and  chat with my wife
6:10 I email my mom and check my emails
6:25 I pour out the kids juice
6:30 I bring one glass of juice up to Chet (he will pass out if he doesn't drink juice first) I help Lissa get dressed, and "wake" the other boys. In  reality they are all awake and getting up on their own
6:35 I make breakfasts for all 4 and escape to the far reaches of the house while they eat and entertain each other.
7:00 I get out the books I'll use with the kids for homeschooling while they put dishes in dw and do recycling, bed making etc.  When they are done we begin our classes.  I start the littles off first so they are busy while Rob and I get into meatier things.  Lissa is doing a cutting and pasting thing right now.  KC works in his Kuman math book and when he finishes that he plays his recorder, either with K for a class or just practice, depending on the day. Rob and I discuss the concepts in our Eng. Lit first and go over his assignments for that. Then we jump into algebra.  I have him work on algebra first as I am home and can answer any questions.  With his lit assignment he can either call me at work or ask K but she would not be able to help with the math.  Also some of his english actually takes place at night as we are reading the book together and we have mini discussions as we read.
7:30 I make Chet's lunch while I am talking to Rob.  If Chet doesn't have food laid out for him he picks inadequate meals (think 5 crackers, 5 grapes and a piece of cheese) because there are so few foods he really likes.  He will eat other food however if it is just put in front of him) Then I make my lunch to take to work.
7:45 I realize I still wear slippers and find shoes, kiss everyone goodbye and leave for work.

That is just the front end of my work day.  But it flows well and oddly enough, it works!  The day rambles along with me working till 4, and eventually falling into bed about 10:30 p.m.

No comments: