Saturday, November 5, 2011

This and That

KC decided he wants a blog and he has posted a few times.  I do the scribing for him as his thoughts vastly outpace his abilty to keyboard at that speed.  What impresses me though are the depth of his thoughts and the way he organizes them.  Tonight when he came to me, he informed me that he wanted to do a series of posts about his family.  First the girls, then the boys, and I would have to wait to see what the next part is! LOL  Sometimes that kid cracks me up.

Lissa is on a high right now. Her class at church has fellowship duties and she gets to help in the kitchen.  KC's class did this last month and her nose was oh so out of joint that big brother got to the kitchen before she did.

The older boys will spend tomorrow morning helping K with the leaves that have deigned to fall from the trees. Truly this is the weirdest fall I have ever seen.  November and there are lots of trees still leaved?  Really?  In New England?  More than passing strange I will tell you!

It felt good to center and have family time today. The work week is so high paced.  I consciously take three deep breaths in my car before I drive off the site, endeavoring to leave any lingering angst or tensions there and not bring them home.  But the blackberry keeps me in constant contact and I tend to work on it off and on throughout the evening.  Mostly this is when everyone else is abed so at one level it is not a problem, at another level it does mean I never really put my job to bed.  Which I suppose I should.

On the plus side, my tax refund finally arrived in my bank account today.  So I will order Yule gifts asap. I also will be able to order our pellets and I splurged and got Lissa a new mattress and box spring to get her out of the toddler bed that she is way too big for, and a new sofa for our living room. It will arrive on Thursday.  It is not fancy.  I have 4 kids who think furniture is gym equipment. LOL  But it will be new and it also has a sleeper thing inside for company.  And it is not 20 years old and falling apart like what we have now! 

No comments: