Friday, December 31, 2021

Farewell 2021!

 Here we are at the closing of another year.  In some ways it does not seem possible.  Despite the challenges of a covid world, this year flew for me.  Perhaps because I always have a "project" or something I want to learn or read, but there is never enough time in a day. . . or apparently a year!

Christmas was amazing this year.  Gifts were thoughtful and personal.  Also a  number of them were useful which I personally love a lot.  I am at a stage in my life where I don't need knick knacks or things to dust and worry about where to put.  If anything I am slightly divesting myself of such things.  So storage containers for spices, warm socks and new fleece leggings and a box of single serving snacks for work were really perfect gifts.  Also the gift my son KC made me.  Which requires a bit of a back story.  When he was little he used to draw a lot of comic type things. (think ages 4 to 10)  He had a story he worked on off and on about us as super heroes.  We all had a super power and he would spend more time drawing us than he did actually writing the story line.  Fast forward many years.  Last year he took an on line course that taught him photo shop techniques and script writing.  He used the photoshop skills to create a poster that looks like it belongs in a movie theater.  We are all featured in it with updated superpowers (I am holding a drill and wearing a tool belt for instance)  And it says The JE Team in the middle.  He even included our two beloved and departed pets in the poster.  It is going to hang in our living room.  It is an AMAZING gift and represented so much love, creativity and thought.  I am still in awe of it.


I am off from work for a few days so I am planning to work on projects in the bathroom and possibly in our cellar for a few days.  I am sure I will be boring  thrilling you all with more reno updates in the new year.

And for those who are curious, here is the poster he made!




No comments: