Monday, May 28, 2018

Happy Anniversary!


Today was a big day in our house.  My wife and I celebrated 40 years together.  We began our lives together in 1978 and knew we were committed to each other and to the life we would make together.  In 2004 we were able to legalize that commitment and formally married.  But we did it on the same day we privately pledged to each other initially so that our anniversary date would always be the same.  The picture above is special because of two things.

The first is that KC created the arrangement (and in fact many decor arrangements around the house today).  He knows that I love to change out the decorations on our sideboard and the tops of cabinets as the wheel of the year turns.  As a gift to K and I he did this for us today.  I love the colors and all that he did.  The fact that it was his idea makes it especially meaningful.

The second thing that is special in this picture is the candle set.  This was made by a friend of ours as a special commission requested by my wife.  One candle holder is blue tones representing my wife. The other is the yellow and orange tones that I gravitate towards.  The holder itself is intertwined as we have become over years of laughter, tears, wonder and the magic of knowing it isn't all rose petals and swelling soundtracks.  We have been there for each other in the messy and in the exultant times.  Here's to 40 more!

1 comment:

process said...

Happy anniversary!