Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sleepy Lissa and a clean yard


My beautiful sleeping daughter!  Normally such a sight is not real significant but in Lissa's case it is because she has never been able to sleep anywhere but in her room.  With the shades down.  With the curtains pulled.  With the white noise machine whooshing loudly.  But today, after music class, after outdoor play, she lay down on the couch and slept.

And this is the back yard after the final rake, composting and bagging.  The front and side yards are done as well.  We have composted where we can and covered perennial beds with leaves as well.  But I have limited storage space for composting so some has to get trucked away and the city gets to compost it and use it in their beds.  I don't feel too badly about that because our city  has some really lovely gardens in the center of town and I think a lot of the compost is used to maintain those.

I changed my blog settings to the new and improved gizmo for pictures.  Pictures give me such grief.  Supposedly the new thing would be so much better.  Not sure about that!


1 comment: