Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Giving Thanks on Voting Day!

I am a huge proponent of the democratic process.  It is not perfect but we do have a voice, unless we choose to give it away through apathy.  Yes, we are voting and I have always brought our kids to the polls each year as well.  We talk about the issues, even when they are too little to vote so that they understand that there is also a responsibility to make an informed choice.

And in other exciting news--I got a call from Rob and Fiona's cousin N last evening.  She does not work on Thanksgiving for the first time in 2 years and she was wondering about coming out to spend it with us.  I am soooooo excited.  I think my wife is petrified; probably because her side of the family is always here on Thanksgiving and they can be interesing. LOL  But it will work out.  I am a firm believer that good food, and smiles and mingling makes all work out.  The littles are excited because they love playing with N's daughter C.  Rob is happy, Fiona will be thrilled (though I will not tell her till plans are definate).    For me, it is further proof that the reaching out works.  Adoption requires us all to stretch beyond what might be our "comfort zones" to embrace all and everyone that are part of our children's lives.

No comments: