Sunday, July 11, 2021

Kitchen starts to come together!

 After having most of the 4th of July weekend devoted to fun--we hosted a large BBQ which meant lots of cooking decorating and socializing. (in short, all of my most favorite things!) This weekend we were back at it and working on the house.  This Thursday our two new cabinets for the kitchen alley are due to be delivered so we need to finish this space so we can install them promptly.  As the chef of this large family, the camping style cooking that I am doing is getting old.  I am not complaining really, just that it is understandably more challenging planning my menu around which box I need to look in for the supplies!  


So this weekend we worked on the walls of the alley.  The first thing we did was figure out how we would hang our cooking pans.  Over the years, they have hung all over the wall, but with no real order.  This meant that some of them were bumped as we walked down the alley and we had to have little signs that my wife made reminding us which pan went where.  Since this was now a clean slate, I took advantage of the opportunity to organize the pans.  They now look like this:




My tidy little Virgo nature loves this!  Actually the kids do as well and the free spirited Aquarian wife is adapting!  LOL


We also painted the walls this weekend.  The pictures don't really show the color of the paint accurately.  It reminds me of the color of french vanilla ice cream.  Anyway, here is a picture of the walls painted:

Not only does this brighten the space, but it also allows the old and new woods to look good together.
After we finished that we replaced the cabinets on our kitchen island.  It now looks like this:


The doors and drawers are all soft close which I absolutely adore.  We still have to resurface our formica but it is a very functional island.  The cabinet that has the big door is frameless and so it is now easy to get big pans in and out.

No comments: