Sunday, March 6, 2022

Tile Date


 Last Saturday my wife and I had an unexpected night where only she and I and Chet were home at night.  The two  youngers were at a sleep over event and I had proposed a date night to K.  She was on board and the plan was to see a movie we are both interested in.  However the sleep over event was over an hour away from our house so 2 plus hours were spent getting the kids there and chatting with friends and then driving home.  Truthfully it killed about 3 hours because I chat! By the time we got home, neither of us felt like sitting in a movie theater for another 2 hours.  Too.much.sitting!  So we decided to tile above the shower in our bathroom.

The rest of the bathroom will have crown molding at the top but in the shower enclosure I wanted tile over the green board all the way to the ceiling.  We also planned for an accent with blue and gray glass tiles.  They don't photograph particularly well but they are shades of blue and silvery gray.

So we broke out the ladder, our tile cutter and our wet saw and went to town.  By 11:30 we had finished two of the three walls. So we called our "date" and went to bed.  Sunday we got up at 6:30 and finished tiling the third wall and then my wife grouted it all.  It looks fabulous.   


We have another half wall to tile at some point but that should really be easier.  For one thing we won't be on a ladder!  It is the wall right next to the shower that the sink is on.  It will have the same pattern except that the bullnose will be at a half way point on the wall. The top part of the wall is painted a soft gray. Now to find the time to get it done.  We are so close to finishing this but schedules are so crazy.

My wife's business is very busy.  My work is busy (I typically work at the site one weekend evening weekly to keep abreast of things) The kids schedules are ramping up with a plethora of recital practices, work and school commitments. . . 

And while we are planning these things and shuttling kids, there are families in the Ukraine just trying to stay alive.  Sometimes I feel so hypocritical moaning about how I will fit in all I need to do.  I am not trying to just stay alive.  


No comments: