Monday, September 26, 2022

A jolly bathroom!

 We are pretty much dancing toward the finish line for the bathroom project.  There are still things to do, but mostly they are of the fun cosmetic nature.  Like, building a barn door for the bathroom closet.  I have ALWAYS wanted to build a barn door. (OK I am willing to own the weirdness of that, but it is true!)  Also that project uses more reclaimed wood from another part of the house and I love that too. There is something special to me about using wood in new ways that has a history where you are. So let's look back at this delightful photo:

This wasn't even the very beginning.  This was after I got the old tub out, moved the plumbing and insulated the walls.  But it was at the very least 'rustic.'  Now I am focussing on things like this instead:




Saturday we installed subway tile and a jolly stick trim (side note: can someone tell me why the stick is jolly?) We wanted to cover the base which was formerly visible under the shower pan.  This ties nicely with the floor we put in and just makes for a clean, finished look.  

We won't have much time for reno in the next few weeks as vacation is getting veeeery close!  But really, this has been such a fun project and I have learned so much.

No comments: