Sunday, April 12, 2020

Covid Easter 2020

 One thing that doesn't change despite Covid-19 is the chaos of a family picture!  A bunch of out takes of the efforts.  There was much laughter as Luna, Elisabeth's job got into the act.
 And then Blake, our elderly Brittany joined KC for the shoot.
 And they argued over who got to hold Luna.
And we finally got a shot!   We still had a clue hunt for the kids.  Fiona was not here as we can't visit, and she has stuff going on that is impacting our relationship anyway.  If she could be here, I am not sure she would, but I will write about that (I hope) at another time when I am not so emotional about it.

On the plus side, Rob was home for Easter dinner which has not happened in several years. The restaurant where he works is always open on Easter, they are known for an amazing brunch--we actually went last year.  This year I did not want him to have to cook.  I also did not want my wife to cook, because she has been doing a lot of kitchen duty during the Time of Covid.  She is not working much outside the home and I am still working so it has just naturally evolved.

I resolved this by doing something sort of hybrid.  I ordered them all dinner from a restaurant where I could pick it up curbside. There was beef for the beef eaters, chicken for the chicken eater and since I never got around to doing my quinoa and veggie bake, I just ate off the sides.  There was an amazing gigantic salad that I had two helpings of, seasoned rice and broccoli.  We had home made parker house rolls, and Elisabeth made cupcakes decorated to look like bunnies for dessert.  The table was pretty, there was laughter and the memories will hopefully be good ones.  That has been what I have worked hard on during this time of uncertainty and worry.

Sending bright blessings and healthful energies to all as we work our way through this scary time.

No comments: