Friday, September 26, 2008

Why am I angry?

My sister annoys me. Everyone has family who annoy them, we are all different and we see the world and our responsibilities within it differently. But I am angry that her constant life turmoil seems to spill over to everyone else's causing a seemingly endless cycle of fretting and stewing for all of us.

Part of me says that people should grow up and take responsibility for their lives and their choices. Part of me says I am being unkind and unfair. People should also have the right to expect and enjoy emotional support from family members and close friends. I guess it is just that I don't really feel that i get that back. I give but it seems to be mostly one way. Goddess knows, I could regale with stories about tight finances, problems with Chet, worries of every shape and form. But I don't. Mostly because I think that it is unfair to just dump on people but also because I think that as an adult it is pretty much my job to figure out the answers to the problems in day to day life.

So I sit and stew and what i need to do is learn to just let it go. I can't change who she is and how she lives her life, but i don't need to let it color mine.

No comments: