Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday

Things have been sort of crazy here the last couple days. Friday Kirsty woke up with severe vertigo. Literally didn't know if she was up or down in her bed. Rather weird, but I have since spoken with several other folk in our area who experienced that same thing in the past few weeks. So I assume it is a fluky virus. Unfortunately my boss was out at work so I could not stay home with her. I set her up downstairs so there would be minimal movement required and read our kids the riot act and went to work. The kids did wonderfully and she survived. By Saturday the vertigo was gone.

In its place was a severe back attack. Lissa had done something weird when K picked her up on Thursday and all the lying down probably made things worse. By Saturday morning she could barely move. She isn't up yet so I don't know if things have improved. Even if she is better though she won't be up to much. So I shall have a busy day today.

We had signed up for an adoption picnic that the agency who homestudied us for Lissa and KC put on each year. It is at a farm with a petting zoo and play area and they all have a ball. From there I have to get Rob to our local wildlife sanctuary and help him set up his tent because there is a homeschool overnight campout there tonight. I am going to bring our hiking back pack so that I can wear Lissa while I do this otherwise I think I will not get the tent erected! LOL

Then I need to get the littles home with me and have Chet help me load our finished work into the back of the van so that I can drop it off at the factory on Monday before I go to work. I know K won't be up for lifting any of the boxes yet.

Whew! I am tired all ready and it is only 6:30 LOL

Oh, and yesterday I got KC his tap and ballet shoes for class. He starts in two weeks. He was so excited about it (tapping up a storm in the store!) that he positively enchanted the clerks. Then he had to try out the ballet slippers and was twirling around in them as well. Thank the goddess he was so happy and they were so engaged by him as when I got to the cashier it turned out the store no longer took checks and that was all I had with me. They took it but I suspect a great deal of it was because they didn't want to tell my glowing 5 year old that he could not bring the shoes home!

No comments: