Friday, August 8, 2008

Sleepy Friday!

Elisabeth woke at 3 a.m. today, crying and not ready to return to sleep. Her little arms clasped around my neck so tightly that there was no way that she was going back in her crib. however her foray to my bed was not successful either. She could not settle and dearly wanted to investigate and play. Sigh. It was so not play time. We went through this just last week; she is a light sleeper and it seems when a floor is not loudly whirring in my bedroom (right next door to her) that she wakens at the lightest of sounds. I don't know what woke her. Everyone else slept through whatever it was. However since the last early wake was also at 3 a.m. I suspect someone must arrive home from a late shift and a car door perhaps slams, or a car drives away with quick acceleration. I wound up passing the buck and waking Kirsty and asking her to bunk downstairs with Lissa after about 30 minutes of trying to quiet her down. So now both of us are tired as it took K another hour and a half to get her back to sleep. Which puts us right about the time we all start getting up to start the day! (groan) Now I am trying to figure out if a white noise machine would be a better investment than the baby bolster for co-sleeping that I was looking into. And this reminds me that I need to write Lissa's story on the blog.

No comments: