Monday, April 12, 2010

New Scone recipe

I like to cook, but I get bored easily. This doesn't always mix well with kids who by nature are not the most adventurous of eaters.  And when one of them has aspergers and associated food and sensory issues, well the familiar are ALWAYS preferred.  But despite their picky little natures, I tried a new scone recipe yesterday.  It was from the Pioneer Woman's site and is supposedly a knock off of the Starbucks recipe.  I have never eaten the Starbucks version (the only thing I ever buy there is one super giant sugar cookie that i split 4 ways between my kids.) But the point of the story is that the scones were a HUGE hit.  As in Robbie ate 3, Chet ate 2, Lissa ate one and another later for snack.  My wife says they have a shortbread consistancy that reminds her of a swedish cookie that she loves, except that they don't have an almond flavor.  KC and i have not tried them yet but they seem to be a "keeper" recipe.

No comments: