Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tuesday night telephone

Last night was Fiona's call night and she called right on time.  Very bubbly and excited, but the phone connection was horrible which made for a lot of "huhs" and "what did you says" on our end.  Didn't seem to upset her though, which was my main concern.

She wanted to know when we would visit again and I was so pleased that this time the question was not hard for her to ask.  I also know she will ask it over and over because she has zero time sense and calendars hold no meaning for her. That's okay too.  She wanted to know if we would take an off campus walk when we visit and if we could eat supper there.  I said I would ask Jane if there would be a way to eat lunch there (I suspect there is) and explained that supper would make us getting back to our small city very veeeery late as it was after 5 the last time we went and that was taking the "early" train back.  She was okay with that, so I hope that if we can't have lunch maybe a special snack picnic outside or something could be arranged.  I can bring stuff if need be, so no worries there.  I told her the pattern for the poncho she wants K to make her had just arrived and that we were now looking for fabric for her.  She was very excited about that, and very touched by the fact that KC got to talk to her first because he finished his supper so quickly.

Then I later chatted with my eldest niece who is 25. Her son's first birthday is coming up and we are invited to come to the party.  It is a Saturday, so K can't come, but the kids and I will.  I needed ideas for her little guys present and we had a great chat.  Although I am biologically an older woman, most of my friends are younger moms.  They have kids the same age or there abouts, as mine and our interests and odd happenings are similar.  My actual age contemporaries are all empty nesting for the most part and not living the life that is my focus now.

Then, someone I called as a wrong number called me back because they read the number on their caller ID. So I had a funny conversation with someone named Cathy.  Totally cracked me up that someone would just call back a number that they didn't know, just because it showed up on the caller ID.  Then again, I don't have caller ID!  LOL

No comments: