Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm baaaaack!

My computer is finally back and repaired--can we all say Hallelujah?  LOL  I have no idea what happened but have come to realize what an intregal part of my life computer time is now.  I had to borrow my wife's notebook for more than a week. This worked but not well as I tend to blog early in the mornings when she is not up or late at night when she is not up.  If she was not up, I had no access to said notebook.

So much has happened in the past couple of weeks.  We camped over Labor Day weekend in our favorite campground in Maine.   I left work mid day on Thursday and didn't have to go back to work till Tuesday.  It was a great break and a huge de-stressor for me.  I absolutely adore uninterupted family time; it honestly is the most restorative thing I can think of.  We went to the ocean, we went to our favorite candy shop, we hiked, we celebrated my eldest's birthday, we played at the playground.  We met my mom and her boyfriend for a picnic at a lighthouse. We flew KC's kite.  We also, forgot our camera! We did come home on Sunday instead of Monday as there was rain coming in and it was hard to leave.  Harder still to pack up if all our stuff is wet though, so my wife made the wise call and made us leave while things were dry.

Then, last Friday was my birthday.  It was a horrible horrible day at work but a great party when I got home.  The theme was "fall" and the kids did an amazing job decorating and choosing presents.  My wife survived and perhaps even enjoyed the prep experience.  She is not the family party animal--I am the one that is all about celebrating and decorating and such. She is much more inclined to low key so sometimes this is all overwhelming to her.

And so, now I am back.  I have zillions of blogs that I will perhaps not get to read all of. Sigh.  I love my blog friends and have missed having tea at 5:30 a.m. and reading them!

No comments: