Thursday, September 22, 2011

In which I submit my resume. . .

My boss is no longer my boss.  Things have ended with a spectacular bang and more hubbub and high drama than one could believe.  Just trust me, cause I can't talk about it in any detail. It.was.not.pretty.  I am the assistant property manager.  More than likely with my old company my track record would lead them to offer me the managership.  In my new company, they post the position company wide and one is welcome to apply.  Course they also post it 50 million other places outside the company too. So my guess is many many people will apply.

I wrote my letter of interest and sent it with my resume.  I would really really like to have this job.  I truthfully always stayed where I was thinking that my boss would someday retire and I would be the next manager.  My previous employer knew that I did most of his work.  My new employers know that too.  But they have also invested in training me for another aspect of our work and the managership has less of that role in it.  So I can see them feeling that the better bang for their buck is to leave me here.  Here is hoping that they see beyond that and to what I can do in another capacity.  Fingers crossed . . .

2 comments:

Dia por Dia said...

Fingers crossed here too! :-)

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Wishing you lots and lots of luck!!!!