Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sweet Saturday!

Today was a very laid back day for us.  We did our usual Saturday morning things, and then our friends G and W were taking Lissa and Rob out for a trip to a kids museum. Actually the person of focus was Lissa, but they told her she could pick someone to go with her and she chose her big brother.  She had a marvelous time and Rob was a champ about it.He used to work at this particular museum and G and W had never been , so he was able to kind of show them around.

While they were gone, KC went to work with K at one of her smaller cleaning contracts. He got to empty trash baskets, do the recycling and a little vacuuming and earned himself some spending money for our upcoming camping trip. He was puffed out with pride for doing this.  It was really very cute.

While they were all gone, I steam cleaned our living room rug.  It is a really icky pale green.  It is pretty old and there are stains that don't come out but overall, it looks much better for my efforts.

Later in the day, KC and I went bowling.  He loves to bowl and Lissa despises it.  She thinks that bowling shoes are so ugly that she refuses to put them on her feet.  I have no idea where I got a fashionista for a daughter, but I did.  So it was a great thing for just he and I to do.

Other than that, it was a pretty quiet day and I enjoyed cleaning and doing some cooking and relaxing.  I don't do that all that much and I know I needed it. I had a 2 day migraine last week that was really hard to work through. I made it to work both days, but was pretty useless here at home.  I hate that.  I hate that it makes my kids really worried.  I hate that I feel like I am not pulling my weight.  But there wasn't much I could do about it either. So it has been nice to have some down time and rest up a wee bit.

No comments: