Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Taxing Times

My life is a bit topsy turnvy at the moment.  My office is undergoing rather extensive renovations which will turn my large spacious two person office into two dinky offices inhabited by one person each.  Can you feel the "love" I have for this project?  LOL  I am managing to conduct business in a hard hat zone so I really give myself props for that.  And I am being a good sport about getting a dinky office.  As a person who is kind of clautrophobic (acutally a LOT claustrophobic) the loss of my windows and the space is really sad and troubling to me.  But it is what it is.  The only funny part about the whole thing is that today my new boss looked at the renovation in progress and commented  how it was an expensive project for not a lot of additional space.  I said I had a different scenario that I had floated but my former boss shot it down in flames.  She loved the plan I had come up with--too bad she came on board 5 months after this one was approved!  LOL

Then at night we have had a rush job on o ur piece work and I have been working on income tax returns.  This time of year is one of the few times that I fume over the inequality that exists regarding my marital situation.  I am married in my state. Therefore my state tax return must reflect that.  But my federal one can not.  So I have this fun little scenario:  I have to file a federal single or HOH return for Kirsty and one for me.  Then I have to input all that data AGAIN into a third federal return that I don't file, but only use so that I can have it import the data into the state return so that it correctly reflects our status for the state in which we reside.  And of course, our returns are reasonably complex as there is a home based business that my wife operates so not a minute of this falls into the "gee I love to play with numbers isn't this FUN" category!  LOL

And just to whine a little bit more--our spring weather has apparently departed. We had sleet today!  Sleet and rain.  Oh the injustice of it all!  :-)

No comments: