Monday, March 5, 2012

Beautiful Music!

Yesterday afternoon was Rob's piano recital.  He played two pieces, both written by the band Cold Play who he likes very much.  I am in awe of how calm and self assured he is at the piano.  He plays with great feeling and skill. (I know I am the mom but since I can only play chopsticks and that with help, you must excuse the gushing!)

I rarely hear him play unless it is a public venue.  At home he pracices with headphones on and all I hear is the click of the keys going up and down.  This also is probably part of why it is such a rush for me when I actually hear the music springing forth from his fingers and his soul.

 I tried to take a picture, but my camera is woefully unable to handle the dim lighting of the  church where the recital was held. I have lots of pics but they look totally black!

Today we head to the great school in the Big City for Fiona's fashion show.  I have to go to work early as I am leaving an hour early, so I had better sign off!

No comments: