Monday, June 29, 2009

I see a train and it is the. . .

potty train! Well okay so much for my attempts at humor. But seriously, Lissa seems to have decided to work on this. I am so often amazed by my children. They just know when they are ready for something. I try to be as child led as I can. I don't like screaming kids. I don't like stress. So if I can avoid some or both of those, it's all good to me. Which translates into the fact that we don't force potty training. KC started around 2.5 and regressed back when Lissa came home and then did it for real when he was a bit older than 3. Lissa just announced to us that she would use the toilet and did. Also, no kiddy potty for her. She is not amused by pint sized pots! Wants the real thing thank you very much and even used the toilet when we went to my mom's on Saturday. Today she wore training pants all day. No accidents. She is very proud . . . and so are we.

KC seems to have decided to take over as "big brother" while Rob is gone. He moved his stool to Robbie's part of the kitchen island and has fed the dog (Rob's job) ever since Rob went to camp. Without being asked, might I add. Did I mention my kids amaze me?

2 comments:

Todd said...

That's really cool about the potty training. Ours went pretty much the same way without problems. Your kids do sound amazing though, so you're doing something right.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! That is awesome.