Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fiona sends a message!

Yesterday I raced home from work.  I was worried because on Tuesdays Fiona calls and I have been working late.  My wife had a hair stylist appointment so Rob was watching the 2 littles for the 30 minute gap.  But that would not mean that anyone would answer the phone if she called.  So I stressed a wee bit, but was able to leave work only 30 minutes later than usual and was home in plenty of time.  We had supper and I cleaned up and there was no call. The kids used the computer to do their book request from the library.  Still no call.  Finally the phone rang and it was Jane.  She said that Fiona had gotten a letter from her first mom J. and they had spent the afternoon processing and writing a letter back.  She said at the end of it all, Fiona was just exhausted and asked to go to her room. BUT Fiona had asked Jane to call me and explain and to give her love.  That is so huge and has never happened before.  All I want is for as many people as possible to love and support my daughter.  She doesn't have to choose.  There is no contest here.  And I think she is finally getting that!  I have never wanted her to feel that I was trying to compete with her first family. Despite the forecast of snow and the fact that I have to work late again, I am smiling!

No comments: