Monday, August 10, 2009

Tale of a tooth

KC had a loose tooth. It was his second loose tooth and he had been wiggling it industriously over the past several weeks. By yesterday it was very loose and when he bit into his toasted bagel it sort of tilted precariously over to the side. I suggested pulling it out. Nope I couldn't pull it out. Nope, he couldn't pull it out. I said OK but by Sunday night, if it was still there one of us would have to pull it out. It looked loose enough that it might not really be safe to sleep with it in his mouth one more night. I asked him if that was a good bargain. Mouth tightly clamped shut he nodded his head. I asked him to shake my hand because that is after all the official seal to a bargain. Mouth still tightly clamped shut, he industriously shook my hand . . . and then took his hand and carefully spit his loose tooth into it! "Ta da! I sucked it out!" he announced triumphantly. The tooth fairy was very relieved!

1 comment:

Todd said...

That is awesome. Bet the tooth itself is pretty relieved as well :-)