Monday, January 5, 2009

Fingerless Gloves

OK this may not be of interest to anyone who doesn't have chronically cold hands, but I have received the coolest of cool things--well actually that should be the warmest of warm things! Kirsty knit me a set of fingerless gloves while she was at work on Saturday. They really help a lot with my hands being so cold. They stiffen over the course of the day. I can tell that these help my hands because even when my hands feel a little cold now, they have some color to them. Usually they have this really pale marble looking effect. It is a result of my reynauds. I always worry about touching the kids in the cold weather because my hands are usually so dang cold. I tend to run hot water over them before changing a diaper or rubbing lotion on a child. And I run the risk of burning myself when I do that, because I can't feel the warmth.

So the long and short of it is, these glovies help so much and I am so incredibly thankful for them. I look a bit like someone from the cast of Les Mis but that is okay with me!

No comments: