Friday, January 30, 2009

January's nearly done!

I just happened to look at the calendar and it fully registered in my dull headachy little brain that we have nearly finished the first month of the year. This seems incredible to me. Time has a way of moving at warp speed these days, both at work and at home.

Today I only worked a 1/2 day, which was a real gift to our family. I came home early so that Kirsty could get the van inspected and do a few needed errands with out the entire tribe in tow. Made things a lot easier for her.

KC and Rob played in the back yard in the snow. Lissa stayed inside and played with me. Then later KC and I made valentine decorations. He made a cat out of valentines for his nana who is a very serious lover of cats and laboriously wrote "you are purr-fect!" on it. It is really cute and we will mail this up to her.

Tonite I will take Chet out to purchase his birthday gift for Kirsty. Her birthday is coming up in the first part of February and he is stressing because he doesn't have the actual gift in hand yet. Tomorrow promises to be a busy day for me and the kids so it might be easier to run this errand tonight. And at any rate, in Chet's case, alleviating stressors that we can, as quickly as possible is always a good thing.

Oh and the picture at the top of my blog got changed a few days back. I put up a pic of the hearts poster the kids made for our dining room!

No comments: