Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tis Shamrock time (nearly!)

OK so maybe I am rushing the St. Patricks Day decorating a wee bit. But I am desparate for a bit of green after the long cold bleak winter.  We are still covered in snowpack, though now it is a mere 18 inches or so.  Down from the 28 or there abouts that we had a few weeks back.  I feel less like I am taking my life in my hands when I approach intersections as bankings have shrunk so you can see oncoming traffic again.

But I was still eager to decorate and on Monday the kids and I got together and put up a bunch of glittery shamrocks and such.  Then I put paper on the wall of our dining room and roughed out a rainbow.  Last night we started working on the rainbow while we waited for Fiona to call.  Instead of painting the bands on the rainbow we took colored paper and cut shapes.  The red band was all hearts, the orange was diamonds.  Those were the only 2 we finished because she called part way through. The good part though was that we were stumped on what shape to use for green (yellow will be stars incidently).  KC was voting for squares.  I am not sure why LOL but squares didn't speak much to anyone else.  However green is KC's most favorite color and he clearly felt that he should be the person choosing the shape.

When I was wrapping up the call with Fiona I told her what we were doing and how we were trying to decide what to do for the green band.  I asked her if she had any ideas. She thought for a minute and said "what about those green things they find in the grass?"  Shamrocks!  Perfect!  Everyone loved the idea and I love the fact that even though she is not physically helping us with the rainbow, she is a part of it.  When it is all done we are going to send her a picture of it to put in her room.

No comments: