Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Un-Halloween!

 Our city finally allowed trick or treating tonight so we went out for some spooky fun!  The top photo is Chet, all dressed up as his version of Capt. Hook.  He stands on the porch making "spooky" noises or tonight, hollering "Ahoy maties, come get your Halloween booty!"  LOL  It works pretty well as we had a record high of 67 goblins visit him.  I love that we have found a way for him to participate in the holiday and enjoy it.
 Here we have Black Zeus of Black Zeus Painting.  I think it is the expressive eyes and smile that will get him the job.  If I looked at the clothes that particular painter is wearing I might think he wasn't too attentive to detail!  Rob came out with the littles and I.  It is nice how many people give him candy as we walk.  I think others see how kind he is being to the littles.
 Then we have Peter Pan.  Ready to fly!  He is in love with how shiny his tunic is and the soft feel of the pants.
And we have Tinkerbelle.  Lissa picked out the fabric for her costume herself.  I think the wee princess has a good color eye.  She felt the gold and green underskirt reminded people of the pixie dust!

We spent a good hour or so traipsing around. It was more dangerous this year as although there are no live wires down, the limbs of trees and such are all over the sidewalks and roadsides.  Far more often than I would like we had to be walking in the road.  But it was still fun and I was grateful Rob was there to hold either Lissa's or KC's hands (we kept switiching) because I felt they needed that extra help with the hazards.

Then we came home and the littles did the great candy swap.  KC hates chocolate and gives all that to his siblings.  In return, they give him any skittles, lollipops or starbursts.  It is all very ritualized and different candy is worth more than another type of candy.  I crack up listening to the haggling that ensues.  It reminds me somehow of wizened old traders at a bazaar somewhere or something.

No comments: