Saturday, November 26, 2011

Over the Highway and thru the woods!

As is often the way, a migraine descends when I have the least amount of time for it. Yesterday I had promised my mom that I would drive the kids and I up to see her.  I woke about 2:30 a.m. with the early signs.  I got up and took some aspirin and hoped.  Woke up at 6:30 and it was still there. Crap.  The only good thing is it wasn't a blinding migraine.  I could see. I just felt crappy.  But my mom is not feeling well, needing a CT scan on 12/5 so unless it was unsafe I was not going to bail.  It was not dangerous to drive.

Migraines are such sneaky devils.  They come often from the release of stress, or a change in eating or sleeping schedules.  All 3 happened this past week so I sure was due.

The kids were so awesome. They helped navigate me up to Nana's.  My direction sense is non-existant.   And my wife is one who can drive anywhere and get you there 50 different ways. Thus it is hard for me to memorize directions as she rarely goes the same way twice.  Over the years, I have given up the trying and just chat and relax if she is driving. LOL

My mom was so glad to see us.  She has some type of thickening of her bowel wall and the CT scan is to allow the medical dudes to get a clearer idea of the scope of this and the cause.  She has been in considerable discomfort from this for a long time, while they tried to determine the cause of the pain. Unfortunately at the same time that this all happened, her middle aged cat became ill and that has really added to her stress and anxiety.

At least for a few hours yesterday, both cat and Nana were entertained by silly knock knock jokes, art work, poems and games.  We had lunch together and then eventually hit the road to get back home.  My mom emailed me how very much it all meant to her.  I know it meant a lot to all of us too.

No comments: