Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wish me Luck!

I got a call from our corporate office after I got home from work today.  I am at a training tomorrow and they have decided that after the training they will speak with me about my interest in the managers position where I work.  Gulp.  I am glad that I will at least have the chance to interview.  I hope they see potential in me. 

This was not the greatest of days at work.  We were not told of a key policy of our new company and now, a mere 10 months later, it comes to light.  Sheesh.  When I said that no one had told us of this policy the response was "well I will just start treating you like a child."  Yup. That inspires lots of confidence and faith in my abilities being recognized!

On the plus side (you know me, Pollyanna to the end!) I was told later on good authority that another superior (lots of chiefs in my line of work!) came to my defense, and I was also told that this was just one of those mis-speakings and not a sign of displeasure on the part of the person that said it. That they meant, they should remember to look at me as a neophyte in the company instead of automatically assuming that due to my years in the industry I would automatically know how this firm operates.  I don't know if that is collossal cover up or not, but I am choosing to believe it.  I want to have lots of positive energies and vibes going into tomorrows meeting and that won't happen if I don't believe in myself.

No comments: