Monday, November 28, 2011

Reality Check

It is a good thing we made a pre-cooked gingerbread house this year.  The kids and I decorated this on one of the days I had a migraine. They had a blast and I had very little to do other than open containers of decorations.  A good thing as that same day I  made a raspberry cheese cake.  Last night I went to cut the same and serve for dessert, only to find that I left out the sugar!  Seriously, I always pride myself on living life regardless of the darn migraines, but clearly i have to cross making cheesecake off the list of things I can accomplish when in the throes of one!  LOL

It is back to the work world today.  It is going to be a readjustment for the kids.  Back to school work and back to only K at home.  The littles were all ready mourning this last night.  I did point out that at the end of December I have some more time off so that helped a lot.

Rob is starting to think of his future beyond our home.  This is a big step for all teens, more so for kids who come from traumatic pasts.  For many years he has steadfastly refused to think of anything he liked or showed aptitude for that was plausible.  His life goals were things like "win a million dollars"  "play for the Patriots" and I forget what else.  This year he began talking about moving to Italy as an adult.  I asked him jokingly yesterday if that was so he didn't have to help schlep 19 boxes of holiday decorationis from the attic.  He replied that great chefs live in Italy.  (I am sure they live elsewhere too but I am not voicing that!)

So for the moment, he is interested in a culinary career and we can research that further if he feels interested and not threatened by it.  And I told him I loved the idea of him moving to Italy as I would have the opportunity to have kicking European vacations.  We both laughed.

No comments: