Wednesday, November 16, 2011

KC's really sick

I try to be pretty laid back about childhoo illness.  Kids get sick. It is just what happens.  The wee elf came down sick Sunday and had a hacky little cough.  Said cough quickly developed into this strangly sounding thing that was always bad at night, not so much in the day time.  He has no fever and until today his energy was not impacted.  Mine was (LOL) as I have been up an hour or two every night with him when the cough thing wakens him.  He is very good about it but it was clearly frightening to him and he would clutch my  hand or rub his foot up and down my leg as he lay in bed beside me.

Today we took him to the doctor to be sure it was just a heavy cold.  And my poor little guy walked out with a dx of pneumonia.  Sheesh!  He has an antibiotic he despises but hopefully in a few days he will feel much better.

On the plus side, we talked with Fiona last night and we are very likely going to get to go to a Thanksgiving celebration that her school does.  It is next Monday and I am taking some vacation time next week so this is totally doable  I am so thrilled. It bothers me more than there are words in my vocabulary, that my daughter is not with us at holidays.  The rational part of me can totally get that the hubbub of our home on Thanksgiving would not be therepeutic in any way shape or form, but the reality is, i worry always that she feels left out and unloved. 

When I asked and found out that the school does this, was I ever eager to be there! I suspect 90 per cent of the food will not be food I can eat but I don't care. I'll be the most thankful mom there!

No comments: