Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Voices and Faces

It really had nothing to do with November being the highly touted "Adoption Month."  My kids have scrapbooks that I started from the day I met them. I have always tried to include as much information about their first family as I know.  Rob is the luckiest in that regard, I have pretty comprehensive stories pictures and contact with extended family.  KC has only one picture of his first mother Y. It was taken at the hospital and sadly, she is not even holding him in the picture.  Maybe she did not want to. Maybe it would have hurt too much to.

She is wearing a sports team shirt for a team that both KC and I root for each baseball season.  And I wrote what I knew below the picture. That she said she loved to write poetry, that she wanted to finish school. . . .

KC had asked to look at his first scrapbook--the kids have upwards of 3 or 4 now each depending on their ages.  We opened it and looked a Y's picture and talked about his story.  He looked up at me wistfully and said "I wish I knew what her voice sounds like."

I do too.

No comments: