Wednesday, October 21, 2009

7 things about me


Carmel from "On Our Way" nominated me for this. Silly me, behind as usual in my reading, didn't notice till today. Sheesh! What a slacker. LOL Hmmm, 7 unusual things about me that others might not know.
1. I am a second degree black belt in kenpo karate. I'd still be studying if I had time and money. 4 kids sort of means my work outs now are running around playing football at the park.
2. I am an adrenaline junky. However I am also a parent and when we made the decision to be parents I had to promise not to do anything "dangerous" till the kids are grown. (somehow I snuck karate past Kirsty though for a looong time!) At this rate, I'll be 80 when I sky dive, learn how to rock climb and all those other things on my very odd list of "fun" things to do. "Hey, it's granny on the half pipe again!"
3. I spent 2 yrs learning how to speak Swedish because we thought we were going to Sweden to visit Kirsty's family (many of whom don't speak English). I couldn't stand the idea of not being able to talk so I spent incredible hours learning the language. Then we didn't go (enlarged our family instead!) and now all I can say is Hi how are you, and thank you very much!
4. I live in the house that my great grandparents were originally caretakers for. The first owner was an artist who lived most of the year in another state and this was her summer home.
5. I am seriously claustrophobic. Very. Seriously. Spelunking will never be my hobby of choice!
6. I have been employed in my same job since 1978. Really. How weird is that nowadays?
7. I love the show Vampire Diaries. I know, I know. I need to grow up! Does it help that I watch the news on a PBS channel too?
I wish I could pass this along but I think really that I have nominated most folks that I read and they are liable to start clobbering me with big bloggy bats if I bug them with another award!

1 comment:

Todd said...

That was interesting. Like meeting you all over again :-)