Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Rob went to a halloween party last night. Though at 13 he is totally too "cool" for a costume, he thought that it would be fun to wear this wig. Actually, it was about 5 minutes before he left that he decided that, or revealed his decision to me. TWO WEEKS ago, I asked him if he would wear a costume or not. He was non committal. I said he could always do the sports thing that he did last year. Or not. He was non committal. I said he could borrow Chet's giant afro wig if he wanted to. Or not. He was--well you get the point. At 13 he had no idea whatsoever if he wanted to do anything. Luckily I knew where the wig was and could find it quickly. He was nervous walking into the party with it on but was such a hit that his friends were all taking his picture on their phones! LOL

I'll put up pics in the next day or two of the littles. Tonight we have a spooky supper. A halloween tradition in our house. A table filled with things like worms (plain spaghetti with butter and cheese) slime (vegan jello mixed with cool whip to a chunky gross texture and adorned with gummy worms, witches brew to drink, and "bones" (shaped sugar cookies) for dessert. Halloween suppers are the one night that my kids look like they have good manners because we are eating something "gross!" It is the ONE meal all year where there are no comments for discussions of body parts, body functions and what the food looks like. The only one, people!

Then we are off to my work where there is a party at the clubhouse for the kids. K has to work and this gives her a chance to see the kids in costume as well. Then I am off to take them round the neighborhood for sugary loot after that.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Oh my goodness. I LOVE that wig!! LOL. Very dashing :-)

Supper time is going to be fun I think. Have a drink and worm for me :-)