Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunday, there was a Sunday?

Sunday I woke with my monthly migraine. I knew it was out there somewhere lurking, but yup, it had to move in for the day. Actually for all of yesterday and part of today. I decided to use one of my 93 accrued sick days (yup that is a true number!) and called out. I probably could have worked, but I felt tired and muzzy headed and not up to drama. Work is drama. All drama all the time. Heck they even have drama over company holiday parties. If the wrong person had said boo to me about that, well it just wouldn't have been pretty.

Part of why I usually go to work when I have a migraine is a) I save sick days for sick kids and b) it is usually decibel level quieter at work than at my home. You may be laughing, I speak the truth. Also I had to do a lot of driving yesterday which so didn't help the migraine. Church in the morning and then had to get Rob back there for 4 p.m. for his OWL class. Even that wouldn't have been bad but it was snowing and there was more eye strain because of the storm. So by the time I sat down at the mandatory parent meeting I was looking as crappy as I felt. Which is saying something as I am one of those stiff upper lip Yankees. But 6 people came over and asked if I should go lie down. Tells me my color may have been a bit off. (laughing) I did leave the meeting early. Part of the nausea was from the migraine, the other part was from my antibiotic. (took the last one today, wahoo!) Another parent offered to bring Rob home after class so I didn't have to go back.

K is still ill so I wasn't asking her to drive; she also goes to bed much earlier than I do. But tonight I am better. I was pretty low key throughout the day, though I did sit outside for about 30 minutes so the kids could play in the yard. I braided and styled Lissa's hair and put all new beads in it; she is thrilled to click clack again. But if I rest too much the kids worry. Especially KC. I get really physically cold with a migraine and he kept fretting over me. It reached a point where even if I hadn't begun to feel marginally better I would have faked it to make it because I don't like my kids worrying about things like that. Maybe I am sensitive to that because my mom used health issues of her own all through my childhood as a way to emotionally bind us to her.

So at any rate, I have rested as much as I can and will and tomorrow the temperatures are supposed to rise which is a blessing. Looking at snow when the leaves are still on the trees is too surreal for me!

1 comment:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Hate migraines - just hate em'. I take a ZOMIG inhaler when the big one hits..the only thing that has worked. God Bless Migraine Pharmaceuticals!