Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Farewell my love

Oh dear, knowledge is sometimes a sad thing. As in reading on another blog about the dangers of diet coke. Well, aspartame in particular, but aspartame is what is in my diet coke. My love. My joy. My addiction. Each day I look forward to my diet coke. And truly, it has to be diet soda. I started drinking diet soda back when I was 9 and had to make sure I would always fit my recital costumes. I can't stand the syrupy sweet taste of regular soda.

But. . . today I read links that indicate it is so not healthy to drink my beloved beverage. Brain tumors and migraines are not good side effects for indulging in this passion. I all ready get migraines regularly so it makes sense to see if removing this will help. So I am bidding diet coke farewell. Adieu. Adios. Hasta la vista. And drinking water. Blech.

2 comments:

Laynie said...

make sure to taper off the caffeine! The withdrawl headaches are the worst!

Channie said...

Oh my goodness I am a Diet Coke fanatic as well! I don't know what I would do without it. Let me know if you find anything to help with the cravings and withdrawels..then maybe I will try.:-) BTW I LOVE YOUR BLOG TOO.