Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All I want for Christmas is . . .

KC and Lissa wrote letters to Santa when we went to the Holiday Stroll. This was not a surprise, they wrote letters here at home.  Letters to mail to him detailing their holiday dreams.  Letters to leave with the cookies on Christmas Eve.  letters because they thought he might be lonely--Santa gets a lot of mail from our home. 
Thus I have been pretty sure I knew what was in their hearts and minds for holiday gifting. 

Imagine my surprise when KC wrote on his letter to Santa "a new waffle iron!"  LOL

Yup.  About 4 months ago our waffle iron died.  We used to use it almost weekly but it is hard (and pricey) to find a waffle maker that does 6 waffles at a shot. There are a LOT that make 4, but for 6, not really. So I put it off.  We sort of switched to pancakes and texas french toast or eggs and  home fries for the breakfast for supper meals.  I guess KC was really missing those waffles.  Thanks to the magic of the internet, Santa will come through!

No comments: