Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day

Today was a pretty good post Yule sort of day.  The kids slept in a bit which was good as Lissa was hugely overtired.  We went to a store and got them some notepaper for thank you notes.  I was impressed in the fact that they spontaneously wrote thank yous to each other Christmas day.  However they were on teeny bits of notepaper which is fine for us, but for the seniors who sent them a card or gift, not so much! LOL  We tried to buy jazz shoes for KC but the dance store was closed today. 

The kids ASKED me to help them clean the living room and organize their new toys.  I am all about order, probably a bit more so than I should be.  I try constantly to take a mental breath and remind myself that there is only a certain period of a child's life when they utilize 4million lego pieces and leave them around to cripple their loving parents. LOL  We worked together and it really did not take long at all to get things so much tidier. 

K and I took down the Christmas decorations in our dining room and above our kitchen cabinets and put up our snow man collection in its place.  It looks sweet and cheerful and festive but takes the hype down just a notch.  We will travel to my mom tomorrow to Christmas with her and then we will Christmas again with K's family in January so the festivities roll on for a while longer.

I actually kind of love that (said in whisper, as my wife is less a lover of celebrating than I am)  It feels like the season doesn't end abruptly this way, which was what happened when I was little and I always had this sort of post holiday blues thing.  No blues here, just the joy of hanging with my kids.  And happy Boxing Day to anyone across the pond!

No comments: