Thursday, December 29, 2011

Planning New Years Eve

Rob chose Germany this year as our country to focus on for celebrating New Years Eve.  I have spent a little time researching Germany to plan our food buffet.  There is a little adapting due to the fact that we are vegetarian.  That is often the case though in many of the countries we have chosen have very meat based diets.  We will have vegetarian meat balls, saurkraut, onion pie, pretzels, cheese ball and some buttery crackers, rye bread and some pickled veggies.  For dessert there will be jelly doughnuts.  Apparently in Germany there is a tradition of a trickster filling one doughnut with mustard---I can't bring myself to do that! LOL  We will have a trivia game, and play some other games.  We have bubble wrap to jump on for fire works and we also will fill some balloons with bird seed and pop them o utside.  If I get my act together I'll post pictures but lately, I've been slacking in the photo department!

2 comments:

vicsens said...

That sounds like so much fun! You are always so creative. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Lee said...

Thank you! I get a lot of teasing for my love of celebrations! Happy New Year to you and yours as well!