Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holly Jolly Hectic!

I am so behind where I usually am at this point in the holiday season that it is staggering!  I have all the gifts, that part is good.  But I don't have stocking stuffers.  Nor have I written a single Yule card.  I know some people hate cards, but I love them. I usually have mine ready to mail for the first week in December. This year we have not even managed the kids holiday picture.  I took a great shot but it was too blurry, then a rash of sickness made taking pictures not possible.  Hopefully we can try and do that today.

We also have a lot of piece work to do at night right now.  We never want to say no to that as money is always needed and if you say no, then some other worker looks like they care a lot more than we do.  We consistantly say "yes" so are usually one of the first workers called. But that means that I have also not had time to wrap anything because I have been doing the piecework at night.

K is trying to find time to make the cookies that we give to friends and vendors. . . And Lissa's birthday is this Friday!  Hard to believe that she is going to be 5.  We went and got her party decorations last night.  December is also a hard month for her having the hype of both Yule and her birthday in the same month.  I think hope she will handle it better as she gets older but right now, the fever pitch that inevitably results, leads to lots of meltdowns.

I know it will get done somehow.  Things always do. 

No comments: