Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Out Takes


 I reminded my wife that we really needed to get our cards out and could she pleeez pretty pleez do the holiday pic of the tribe?  She really does better than I do, partly as she can take lots of shots quickly.  I am not so speedy and I either miss the great shots or the kids understandably wander off to do something a lot  more interesting than watch me mumble about why is the flash not working.  LOL  These shots are all the out takes--there are about 25 out takes and with rare exceptions I thought they were almost better than the final shot that we wound up using.  The personalities of our kids came through in all of them and I love that. Love Miss Lissa here, stylin' for the camera, for instance.
 And this one is cute too.  See that bear?  That bear is A*von's Hip Hop Randy and if his battery runs down before Dec. 25th, it will not be replaced until next December!  LOL Blake, our pooch looks fairly long suffering in this shot.  I don't think he is rocking the bow Rob put on him!
 I love KC in this shot and Lissa too, but I wanted more of her face if I was sending the shot to people who we rarely see.  And Rob's smile is great but he is looking at his brother and not the camera. And Blake had disappeared.  But you can see a bit more of Lissa's sparkly red dress.  It was her gift from Fiona last year and she wanted to wear it for the picture.  Fi was really excited to hear that.
What I love about this and most of the other shots also is that Chet really looked relaxed.  I don't know if it was the time of day, the fact it was by the tree or the red cowboy hat I bought him at the party store. But he really took great shots. Oh and in this shot it looks like Lissa is trying to squeeze hip hop Randy's brains out!  LOL  And I suppose some days as I try to get everything done leading up to the holidays I feel a bit like someone is trying to squeeze my brains out too!

No comments: