Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On Dasher On Dancer!

The above reindeer "danced" to the holiday party that the littles had at dance class on Saturday.  I saw this idea in a magazine last year and KC really wanted to do it.  Of course it was a December magazine that I read in February or something, so we had to wait awhile!  The timing for us was not so great.  Lissa's birthday on the 16th adds a layer of excitement and busy-ness to an all ready frenetic holiday season.  And the kids really wanted to help. Which is a GOOD thing and I did not want to say, "oh I am going to do it" just to get it done quickly.  So I sucked it up and over 2 nights, these dear deer's (sorry I could not resist) were created.

The first night KC and Lissa rolled out the dough and I cut the shapes o ut of a paper template that I drew.  KC also took heart shaped pretzels and broke them to make the antlers.  After Lissa's party, KC and Rob helped me dab on frosting and secure the eyes, nose and antlers.  Truly they were the hit of the dance parties and watching KC pass them around carefully on a holiday tray was another sweet moment.

1 comment:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

They are SOOOOOOO cute! Yum!!!