Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Kirsty!

Today is my wife's birthday.  We will celebrate with Chinese food for supper and a decorated dining room, including the birthday mural that the kids and I made last night.  Actually we also baked the cake, wrapped the gifts and did almost everything last evening.  When special days fall on a weekday it gets a wee bit crazy around here. And Rob is away this weekennnd so we could not have the party on a different day.   We painted a garden on her birthday mural.  I sort of free handed some of them with paint and then I gave the kids markers and stickers and had them draw garden things and add embellishments as they saw fit.  Butterflies, birds caterpillers and ants appeared among the blossoms.  I loved watching them all work together and I loved the way it reminded me that each of them bring their own special gifts to our family and our lives.  If I am lucky, I will have time to post party pics!

No comments: