Friday, February 3, 2012

Time to Shoot a Groundhog!

That pesky groundhog saw his shadow yesterday and not even the warm fires of Imbolc candles could help me forget that there will be 6 more weeks of winter!  I know that is all very silly as the part of the country where I live pretty much ALWAYS has 6 more weeks of winter.  And our winter has not been of the snowy magnitude of last yeasrs where our snow fall topped over 60 inches.  But I am just eager for warmer temps.  We have had a few teaser days, but last evening when the gang picked me up at work, there were snow showers.

However, despite the  groundhog, this should be a fun weekend.  Saturday evening, Rob has a sweet 16 party to go to for his girlfriend.  She told him he should wear dress shoes which cracked me up as Rob is king of the stylin' sneakers. So last night at his request, we went out looking for dress shoes.  And wound up laughing our heads off as he tried on pair after pair.  We found shoes that fit, but none that seemed like his style.  I finally said that maybe T. would not mind a nice pair of stylish sneaks. And we found a pair that don't really look sporty, but are silvery gray and have a nice sheen to them and which looked good on him.  So that will be what he wears to T.'s party tomorrow.  He has purchased a lovely locket for her so he has the gift all ready all covered.  While I helped Rob, the littles amused themselves with socks.  My kids love socks.  So we also left with a packet of brightly colored tie dye socks and a packet of socks with flowers on them. 

Fiona continues to improve but is still hospitalized at this point.  I am hoping she is back at the Great School by next week. 

And our van not only flunked inspection but has copious things wrong with it. We thought it was just the muffler system but that is as they say, the tip of the ice berg.  There were also 2 leaks from oil or coolant (I forget which) and one was leaking onto the exhaust manifold and could have caused a fire while we were driving.  Since in April, K is part of a van caravan of kids from our church to NYC for a weekend retreat, that was scary news.  There is something else wrong too but my ear flaps folded over and my eyes glazed by that time as the damages are all together nearly 2K.  Yipes!

No comments: