Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Birthday Prep

K's birthday is the 9th.  I had told the kids that tonight we would be going to the party supply store to get decorating stuff.  We had talked at length about what to get her.  And we had decided--at least I THOUGHT we had decided on a gift certificate for yoga classes.  She loves yoga and counts on doing it every Wednesday.  Except that KC had other plans.  He announced on our way to the party supply store  that we had to stop at the craft store for what he needed.He was going to make khis mom a treasure box becuase everyone should have one of those.  Um, OK we go to the craft store.  Does he want a little box to paint and decorate?  Nope.  My laddie has his eyes on a box that one could probably put a loaf of bread in. LOL  I feel a tad desperate looking at the size.  He wants to paint the thing and then decorate it with stick on embellishments.  Did I say her birthday is the 9th?  And that this is the um, 7th? 

I try to guide KC to some smaller boxes.  He is having none of it.  Truly having no part of it.  Finally he turns to me and says, "Ooma this is my gift and it should be my decision to make."  When did my 7 year old get so wise?  .  I stood there, feeling really stupid.  Then I bought the bread box treasure box, and tonight he painted the dang thing.  We agreed that instead of story time tonight, he would use that time to get it painted so that tomorrow he can do the decorating.  It's going to be gorgeous!

No comments: