Thursday, June 21, 2012

Beating the heat!


I might have mentioned that the weather is a tad unusually warm here these days!  My bedroom was 94 when I got up at 6 a.m. this morning.  Yesterday was a scorcher as well.  And I have been told it is very humid.  I don't really mind any of it. Truly I think I lived some place hot and steamy in a past life. I have tons more energy when the weather is like this.  But I am weird.  I know this because EVERYONE else that I know is wilting, dragging and such.

Beating the heat with the kiddos involves several things for us.  Last night it was "swimming" (and obviously we use the term loosely.  Note size of kids and size of pool!  But there is lots of splashing and sliding and sloshing around and it is fun.  Sometimes I will go to the dollar store and get pretend fishing rods and then the pool becomes a "pond" and we fish and see who can snag the most plastic fish in a certain period of time. (or we try to catch only a certain color and such!)  We also rely on water balloons and squirt guns. The latter were part of the cool down routine for tonight.

I love that we have fun with really simple things.  I have never seen 3 kids have that much fun with an undersized pool that I purchased on clearance last year!

No comments: