Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome Summer!

Rob's girl called last night and they talked for hours (literally)on the phone.  I don't mind. I remember doing that. And he leaves Saturday for away camp for a week and I am sure that they feel they have to communicate eveey last second until then. LOL  Today they are spending the afternoon and early evening together.  T's parents will do the transportation; they have stepped up lately and done a bit more of that and it is much appreciated.  The happy couple don't live in the same city and till recently it was always on us to transport.

We launch into summer with record breaking high temps (97) which I adore.  And in my new office space I don't have to worry about anyone feeling uncomfy so I have just had windows open and a fan on and it is divine.  Last year I had to put up with a/c and it makes me miserable. I get really cold really quickly.

My wife has been repainting our living room.  The trim is all sparkling bright white. The walls are all a pretty blueish green. Today and glaze goes on the wall that gives them a bit of texture and hopefully makes the paint a bit more green than blue.  The blue is pretty but is definately clashing with the rug in a way that our color chip did not! LOL

And all that reno work is serving to highlight the fact that we need to do something about our front hall.  Whch has not had anything done to it in more than 20 years. The wallpaper is faded and stained.  The closet system does not work--it is screaming for a makeover.  .    .  She and I sat in the dining room to talk about closet options (the front hall has none and just pegs and a freestanding armoire) and we noticed how dingy the wallpaper looks in the dining room.  It is about 15  years old and. . .

Ever read the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?   This is the grown up version.  It is called, If you Paint a Wall"


No comments: