Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rob's Sleepover

I've had an extra teen for most of the weekend as Rob's slumber party--deferred due to my illness--was this weekend.  It has been so funny!  Rob and Dre  have been friends since Rob was 5 and Dre  is a really good kid. He cracks me up though.  He speaks his mind always.  Regardless.  As in, there are zero filters on this boy.  In some ways, he is a bit like Chet. Which makes for very hilarious conversations in my large and loud household.

I am very lucky in that Rob's friends are unflaggingly nice to all Rob's family.  As I write this they are all playing wii football in the living room with the littles as coaches.  KC is doing lots of "now THAT'S what I'm talking about."  The big boys are playing against each other and Lissa is essentially bouncing on the couch cushions to just be there and be part of it.

Yesterday Rob and Dre went to see MIB3 which they really enjoyed. Then they wanted to hang out at the mall. I texted them at 4 and arranged a pick up time and confirmed how many pizza we needed for supper.  Dre had taken advantage of the fact his mom wasn't there and had 2 energy drinks.  Those things are so bad for you.  I swear he was talking like Alvin the chipmunk!

Both boys met me outside the mall with bags of their purchases.  Rob predictably had 2 new pair of skinny jeans and a very cool LMFAO shirt that says "every day I'm shufflin'" on it.  I think all teen boys should wear that shirt so that we parents would remember that they will never hurry!  Dre  had some sports gear and of all things a Lil Wayne refillable cup thing.  I like Lil Wayne but Dre is like the whitest white boy I know.  I guess he was trying to get all 'street' hanging out with Rob. ROFL  He was really proud of it though, so I admired it properly.

The teens slept downstairs in the living room for easy access to the TV. They watched the playoff game and I popped in and out while I was working to keep tabs on the score.  Celts lost. It was sad.  Most of the game was good but the boys and I think their energy drinks must had died in the 4th quarter cause all of a sudden there was just no pep in their step and the Heat were still piling it on.  I could not bear to watch till the bitter end so I put muffins together for this  morning and went upstairs and read my book a little.

This morning I did a big breakfast with eggs, warm muffins and fresh pineapple.  Now I have to convince the teens to shower as we need to leave for church in a while.  Every day I'm shufflin. . . LOL


No comments: